Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby Bump Update...

So let me take you back to last Thursday.  We had another doctor appointment... which I find myself looking SO FORWARD TO these days!!!  Ha!  Who would have ever thought that a doctor's appointment would be the HIGHLIGHT of OUR month?   During this visit, we were going to get to see how our little miracle had grown since our 1st sonogram.  Our last sonogram was 6 weeks ago... remember the "Lil Kraus Blob?"  Anyway, Beep and I have been reading and keeping up with how the baby has been developing, but that still did not prepare us for what we saw.  I think that we both still thought we were going to see this blob with a fluttering heartbeat... again! 
"HELLO!!! There is a BABY in my TUMMY!!!"  A real baby... not a blob... A PRECIOUS BABY!!!  When the tech put the wand on my petite (lol) belly immediately we could see the BABY... I sat straight up (don't do that) to get a better picture of the screen.  I was then asked to lay back down and relax.  RELAX!!!  Are you kidding me... I wanted to say "look lady - - I haven't felt pregnant, I don't get sick, the only time that I truly know that I am pregnant is when I come here and you put THE WAND ON THE BELLY!"  I didn't want to ruin the moment :) so I kindly laid back down and strained my neck to look at the screen.  
I wasn't the only one who perked up... ole' Beep straightened that LONG BACK of his straight up.  I think that he grew 5 inches!  He thought it was amazing... to say the least!
As we peeked in on our little one... he was just chillin!  Laid out on his back... like "yeah, glad ya'll good drop in, this is where I stay!"  (Of course he talks LIKE HIS MAMA...)  We also learned that Baby Kraus (like his cousins) loves the camera and is very photogenic.  He laid there long enough for the tech to do all the measurements and then some.  We were able to see him: yawn, have the hick-ups and do some backward caterpillar rolls (look out Uncle Joey, you've got competition coming June :).  Apparently, we had stayed to long, because lil Kraus rolled over and showed us his bum... PARTY OVER... EVERYBODY OUT... and that was it!!!
So here is our "STAR of the Show!"  I have also posted little labels for those of you that do not know what you are looking at when looking at sonograms!  No need to thank me!!! :)




Yes, I feel the need to explain that I do STRONGLY believe that this child is a little boy. Whoo-hoo!  I actually do not care the sex... it will just be great to know what IT is.  So when referring to Lil Kraus I naturally just say him. Hmmm... maybe we need to start a gender pole!  I will get on that!!!

1 comments:

Beth said...

As I read this I have a knot in my throat and tears in my eyes...there are very few moments so pure and innocent as those first days that you realize there is a LIFE growing within you...we are thrilled for you guys! and praying for you!