Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hip-Hip Hooray!!!

Well first off... can I get a BIG WHOO-HOO?  LOUDER PEOPLE... IT IS SPRING BREAK for goodness sake!!!  Needless to say I am beyond excited... A break long overdue that is FO-SHO!!!
Beeper and I have been cleaning out the upstairs... "YOW-ZA" have we ever collected a bunch of CRAP!  Now, I can proudly brush my hands together and say "ALL CLEAN!"  
Next, up on the list was to get one of our guest rooms ready for a new resident that is planning on moving in this June!  You just never know about people... sometimes they SHOW UP early so we new we had to start eventually and Spring Break seemed like a perfect time. 
Almost seven months ago, I began to think about Kingston's nursery...  Ha!  Who am I kidding? I have thought about it since I was little, playing house with Lauren and Whitney and the rest of the Northwood Crew!
As mentioned earlier I have had some ideas... You see this is how it has always worked, I come up with the ideas, pass them on to my INSANELY CREATIVE DADDY, and HE makes it happen!  We work great as a team that way!  (Love you Daddy! :)  
As luck would have it... my Dad took off the same week as my spring break!  Lucky for him right?  I said "Dad this is going to be EASY... here are the colors I would like striped on the wall, and on this wall we are going to create a magnetic chalkboard, then on top of the chalkboard, I wish that you would draw a big "K" with a crown!"  If you know my Dad, there is nothing that MOOSE can't do... and like always he looked at me and said "Yeah, okay we can do that!"  
He started on Friday... and we officially finished Kingston's room on Monday!  My chalkboard took us a little longer than expected!  You see I I wanted a magnetic chalkboard... it would have been too easy to go and by one from the store!  I wanted something different and I don't do easy anyway (I get that from my Mama!)  After buying the different paints, to create this one of a kind chalkboard, I realized that if we do it right... it is going to take some time!  (Have I mentioned that my Dad is a PERFECTIONIST!)  So, it took us some time!

Of course throughout the weekend I had to document everything that was happening.   


Kingston's room is perfect... exactly the way I imagined!  
I couldn't have done ANY of it without one special person...  
My Dad, 
Thank you again for helping make another one of my visions come true!

Side Note to BIG DADDY:  
I just realized that we still have five more days left...  do you know what all we could get accomplished?  No worries I'll start thinking...  
You know you love me!  :)


  

5 comments:

Judy aka NayNay said...

I love his perfect room fit for a king. And doesn't getting rid of "stuff" make you feel better? You've inspired me...to rearrange my magazines or something.

Valerie Lea said...

How awesome!!! You are so creative, obviously you got it from your Dad!
What special memories ya'll have made! Plus a really cool room...chalk board and all!

The Johnson's said...

I love Kingston's room. It is to stinkin cute!

Ashley Scott Bueton said...

I LOVE IT! His room is too cute. Huxley has a name, we ordered his furniture, and curtains. We are both on a roll now.

Angela, yo cuzzz said...

The "Kingston's" room is going to be precious!! How special to be able to tell him that his "Big Daddy PoPo"(?) did it for him!!! Makes me want to do a decorated room for Miss Summer Sausage, Fletcher & Miss Lillie Bearnaise, now!!! As, those will probably be the only kids/grandkids I'll ever have!!! HA!