Thursday, March 26, 2009

Part II

Warning:  In some people's eyes I always seem to tell WAY TOO MUCH information ( TMI if you will.)   So, I am telling you ahead of time that this posting will be no different and this is your opportunity to make a decision... TO READ or NOT TO READ!  As my principal says... "The choice is yours!"  lol

Let's Begin...

March 22nd, Sunday Morning, I awake at 8:30 needing to use the restroom.  Normal right?  I roll back into bed and realize that I have some pain in my lower back on the right side.  Not two minutes later, the urge is back... "OH MAN, REALLY A BLADDER INFECTION?"  I wait until 10'ish  and then decide to give my doctor a call to go ahead and get some antibiotics flowing.

The LONG day goes on and the back pain is getting WORSE, it has now spider webbed up and over my right hip and taking over my tummy.  This is NO BLADDER INFECTION!!!  Braxton Hicks got nothing on this!  Beeper had watched enough rocking and listened to enough moaning, it was time to call the doctor AGAIN!  I called and the on call nurse says that it is sounding like I am having contractions... OMG!  She said that I needed to go to the hospital.  Off we go...

We are placed in a labor and delivery room and they do everything, BUT give me something to relieve the pain!  I mean seriously, can't all the questions, baby monitors, IV's, wait?  I will lay still if you just GIVE ME SOMETHING!  After all the yah-da, yah-da, they discover that KINGSTON is sitting on my right kidney and blocking some fluid from passing through, which was creating somewhat of a fluid pocket. SUPER, I thought... "WELL JUST MOVE HIM!"  Nope, they can't do that... we have to WAIT until HE decides to move!  I feel as though I have already lost CONTROL!  :)  After being rejuvenated and finding a pain killer that wouldn't make me HURL, I was finally doing BETTER!

I know that this next part is TMI, but I can't NOT write about it...

Thursday, I decided to go back to school... evening though I looked and felt like a ZOMBIE!  I was still taking my pills every four hours for my back that was still throbbing.  That evening I thought about something that hadn't happened in 4 days... I haven't had a bowel movement!  This is very ABNORMAL for me.  I looked up the side effects for my pain pills... BINGO the very first one CONSTIPATION!  Houston we have ANOTHER  "STINKIN" problem!  

Friday morning, I called the nurse and she suggested that I take some Milk of Magnesium.  After all the gals at my school told me how WONDERFUL it tasted I couldn't wait to get my hands on some.  So, I took it at lunch... waited and waited some more!  NOTHING!  So, I took it again that evening... STILL NOTTA!  I am now thinking that something is seriously WRONG!  I decided that this "ISSUE" would just have to wait until after my shower on Saturday.  

My shower (which I will be bloggin about soon:) came and went and still NOTTA a RUMBLE or nothing, BUT...  there was one thing that kept being suggested to me to take...  MiraLAX!  

I was desperate it had been almost a week!!!  I got the GOODS and mixed it in my SONIC sweet tea... and did what I do best WAITED!  In less than TWO HOURS  a miracle happened at 212 Millpond Drive.  I have never been so excited about a BM in my life! :)

Let this be a lesson learned... don't let yourself get BACKED-UP, when there is an AMAZING powder out there to help you!   I stand by this product! I swear by MiraLAX... this stuff is THE BOMB BABY!!! 

Here's hoping that MiraLAX, will put me on a commercial, to share my story and help others, so they don't get "plugged" like I did!  People need to know that there are resources out there to help them in their time of need!

Thank you for reading my story! :)

 

   


4 comments:

Renee' said...

Sooooooo, do you still have back pain, or did the miracle powder stop that too?

The Johnson's said...

I love you, you are to freakin cute!!! But I know what you mean about BM's and our medicine during pregnancy! It sucks!!!!

Beth said...

girl the one thing that brought me to tears during pregnancy was being constipated!!!! miserable! i am so glad that everything is ok! again i am so sorry that i had to miss your shower. that day was packed beyond belief!

Ashley Scott Bueton said...

I love it...lol welcome to my world for the last 10 years....haha glad you feel better honey bunny.