Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Lil Robin Mama

I have recently discovered that we have a visitor staying with us. Out of all the doors in the neighborhood Lil Robin Mama, (LRM,) chose ours! :) Now, at first I thought this would be so much fun... you know documenting and checking in on her daily to see what is going on up in LRM's crib, until she turned on me. That girl has been BUSY every night laying an egg or two... I think that she is finally done, with a total of 5 eggs. LRM stays gone all day and comes back at night to catch some shut eye. OH YOU DO NOT WANT TO WAKE UP LRM! Yesterday morning,which is any day before today, Bailey and I were coming back from our morning run and walked up to the door forgetting about LRM. We both quickly remembered... LRM comes bursting through my pink flowers, hanging on the door, and comes straight for my head. Please remember that it is six o'clock in the morning so it is dark, Bailey thinks that I have lost my mind because I am flailing my arms around trying to get the bird away from me. She was very persistent and assured me that the front porch now belonged to her! Minutes later, after acting a complete fool, I admitted defeat and went through the garage. Be aware there are more LRM's out there... Be strong and don't let them take over your door as she did ours.

0 comments: