Saturday, June 6, 2009

Whooooo wants an update.... Who? Who? Who? Who?

For those of you that don't play the game name that tune very well... I feel the need to tell you to go back and read the title singing the tune "Who let the dogs out! :) There you go... MUCHO BETTA!

I thought that I should put out a written update on Mr. Kingston... if you haven't heard by word of mouth yet!

Tuesday, June 2nd 

I went to the doctor for our regular weekly checkup.  Everything was going normal... I was even impressed that I actually DID NOT gain any weight from the week before! Can I get a little what-what for BIG MAMA?  Anyway, she then says, "umh... I just don't really remember you measuring and looking so BIG last week!"  I'm thinking "umh...  that was below the belt, but I will let it slide!"  She then told me that she thinks that Kingston is going to be bigger than what she had expected and she wants for me to have a sonogram to measure his weight.  Alrighty then... I made an appointment!

 Friday, June 5th

Our appointment was for 11:00... Beeper & I got there at 10:35!  YOWZA - anxious, much?  I was so excited, we hadn't seen him since March.  So we assume our positions and look up at the the screen... and there he was... Mr. Kingston... and all smooched up! Bless his little heart, I just "thought" that he was uncomfortable!  The sono. tech then began to measure his head, belly, and thigh.  "What a big belly he has!" she said. After that she said, "well do you have any clue what he weighs?"  Beep & I had discussed it before... he thought 8 lbs. 5 oz. and I was thinking closer to 8 lbs. 7 oz.   Comically she smiles and states, "well.... my measurements show that right now he weighs 9lbs. 10 oz.!  UH-DOO-WHAT?  Come again?  One more time?  

We then walk out of the room... with CROOKED smiles on our face (for different reasons I am sure)!  I am baffled... Beep is PROUD!  Of course my doctor isn't there for me to talk with her about the results that we have just heard!  My next appointment is Tuesday, June 9th!  Yes, I know, by then my son could weigh close to 10lbs.  Ahhhh! 

As I sit here and type... I glance out the window to see a bright sky, lit up by one BIG FULL MOON!  

 "I'm ready... BRING IT ON... It's GO time people...let's get this BIG slugger OUT!"

Stay tuned... 

2 comments:

Beth said...

First of all, I can hardly believe that he is almost here and second...really that big!?!? I am beyond pumped for you two. I can hardly wait to meet him. I want to be put on the call list...I'm coming to Longview!!!!! Praying for you guys!

Matt & Leigh Anne said...

Oh my goodness!!! Well just wanted to let you know, if it comes down to a c-section, don't worry they aren't that bad...there actually are some perks. Hang in there, and I'm so excited for yall!